Friday, July 15, 2011

Personal Ad for my Faith...

One of the most challenging things I have had to do lately was to put my Faith in one small statement. I think it is difficult to sum up 21 years of faith in a few sentences... but it challenged me in a good way.  I had to do this for an application ... but it applies to so much more in life. It's kind of like a personal ad for your faith, how do you explain you Faith to a total stranger in 200 words or less. Well, here goes nothin'...

STATEMENT OF FAITH


I believe in the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit – the Holy Trinity.


I believe that God provides us with His salvation not through our works, but through His grace, and that salvation is not something we are given freely, but must ask for.


I believe that as one of His children, God loves me, cares for me, and provides my needs. Not simply for my own good, but so that I can share His love for me and the blessings he provides with others.


I believe God calls us as Christians to serve others, for His namesake.


I believe that God directs my paths, and it is my desire to always be in His will. I do not believe in coincidence, I believe in an all powerful and all mighty God who is the Creator of all things.


I believe, and am extremely thankful, that God is with me through the valleys of life, for to appreciate the Mountaintops, we must endure the Valleys.


Love y'all,
Kacey
So my challenge to you - come up with your own statement of faith. Put your faith down in 200 words or less. See what your most important truths are by what you choose... it's telling, it's encouraging, it's a good way to educate yourself on your own faith and how to more simply share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment