Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My place in this world...








Have you ever wondered why God put you in your particular life?

Why He allowed you to be born where you were... to the parents you were?

The reason I am thinking about this is because I heard some sad news today... evidently the orphanage I traveled to in Guatemala is no longer receiving the food donations they have long depended on... meaning, that the kids do not have the food that they need!!! I'm heartbroken that those sweet babies may be hungry... I don't know all the details, but just the thought bids me to pray for them, the people taking care of them, and that the food donors who have stopped their support will reconsider. One of the girls who traveled with me in January, Ryann Headley, is returning to Huehue on Thursday for a week... she is planning to go to work with the kids along with her boyfriend Chad Lashley. I told Ryann that if she will access the situation maybe we can do some fundraisers once school starts to help the kids...

So... Why was a born a Cole in Hattiesburg Mississippi instead of a Ramirez in Guatemala? Well, because it was God's plan of course... but still... you can't help but wonder what life would have been like if you were born into a family in Taiwan or Nigeria.... it was not by accident that I was put where I was. Daddy's motto answers this one for me... he lent it to me in the note from my family in my HS senior year book:

I am God’s creation, unique from all others.
I am what I am because God needed me like this.
I am better suited for my place in this world than anyone else in this world.
No one can take my place, Do what I can do, or be what I can be.
I actually said this to myself today... I am currently going through a situation in which I am frustrated with how some things were handled and the outcome of that situation, and where I am in that situation... but I thought to myself... "I'm better suited for my place in this world than anyone else in this world." That includes the good, the bad, and the ugly of "my place in this world." The frustration, the death, the burden for kids in Guatemala, ... that's my place in this world, and it's mine to deal with and learn from....

Liz said something to me the other day that I had never thought of. She was telling me about how she was spending some time in the Word as she was seeking guidance from God on a decision she has to make... and she told me how she was led to a verse that spoke so specifically to her and her situation... God guided her right to a verse which gave her peace and clarity about her decision... and her observation was that every single verse in the Bible was written for someone and sometime who would need it. I am sure that for you, whoever is reading this, there has been a time when a bible verse helped you through a situation... well, that one was for you and you place in this world...

The other day I read this verse randomly... and it reminded me of my blog.

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
4who comforts us in all our troubles,
so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the
comfort we ourselves have received from God.
(1 Corinthians 1:3-4)
At first If I Fly or if I Fall was just for me... to vent and write my thoughts on Daddy and missing him... but over the last 10 months I hope that some of my thoughts and experiences have helped others deal with things going on in their lives... or maybe given them a different perspective on things...
I started out talking about the kids... and I want to end with them... Please be in prayer for Fundacion Salvacion in Huehuetenango, Guatemala... that they will receive the resources that they need to care for the beautiful children that are in their care. Look at the pictures at the top and picture those faces as you pray... Pray for the administrators of the orphanage that they will be guided to seek help for the kids in the best way... and also be in prayer for Ryann and Chad as they travel to Guatemala on Thursday.
Good luck with your place in this world... own it. :)
Love Y'all,
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment