Wednesday, June 16, 2010

He leadeth me... does He lead you?

I have had this old hymn in my head all morning... Luckily no one is in my office because I have been singing it as well... I actually looked up the verses because as I started thinking about them their truth rings out. How blessed we are to be led by our Creator throughout any situation, whether calm or tumultuous, He has our hand and He leads us through life!! Death is not defeat, it is Victory in the Lord and when dark days come... even in a place like Eden, He's still in charge. What comfort are there in these blessed words...


He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
Whate’er I do, where’er I be
Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me.

He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful foll’wer I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His hand that leadeth me.

Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me.

And when my task on earth is done,
When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.
Think about these words and how they apply to you... for me... He's leading me through this week... I've been dreading making it to the year mark since daddy's death because sometimes it seems like an accurate count and somedays it doesn't... but passing June 20th on the calendar definitely makes it real. I'm not quite sure what emotions are going to come up... but I'm sure they will, but I know where I'm calm or upset (whether the waters are still or troubled), He's here with me. Keep us in your prayers friends... for you are in mine.
Love Y'all,
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment