Sunday, June 13, 2010

Why Me?

I think this is a selfish question that has been asked a lot by me and other members of my family this year... and I'll be the first to say that those words have passed my lips on several occasions. So here are some thoughts I wrote down regarding this question today...

Why Me?

Well, why not?

Is it not better for a family of faith to lose a loved one rather than a family who has no hope for life after the grave. One time Daddy told me that when God gets ready to bring someone home, He does... because we are His and He wants us. So while all of us are still here on earth, God wanted my Daddy back... in an odd way that kind of makes me proud, which is definitely an emtion I have yet to feel during this grieving process. He was not taken as a martyr - but I believe he was taken with a message... there is no doubt in my mind that Daddy was at peace and excited about leaving his earthly home for his heavenly one. He loved us, but he loved God more - and I can peacefully accept that... because I know how much he loved me.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
(Phillipians 1:21)

This is going to be a hard week for us (my family)... A year ago today, Daddy was doing well and had finished his chemo... but little did we know at that time that he will have passed away within a week. The 20th marks the one year mark since he died... a lot of emotions are brought up with "milestones" like this.... so please pray for strength for us this week. Shane is out of town with students till Saturday night, and mom may be coming to Birmingham for the weekend... I'm not sure yet. I already know I won't be able to handle church next week so I am planning to stay home... Father's day is going to be a really rough day for me, not just because I lost my dad... but because he died the day before Father's day. Anyway, prayers would be appreciated.

Love Y'all,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment