Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A morning in the clouds...

This morning we went and delivered some clothes to a community about an hour away from Huehue... an hour straight up a mountain! By the time we got to our destination we were well above the clouds and it was one of those moments where you just be still... and observe the creation of God. It was really one of those moments when you think, "How small am I.... in this big big world?" The community we went to has no fresh water and is all farm land... and though the people were getting torn hand me downs from an orphanage, they were so thankful, and so happy... it was a beautiful morning.

We ate lunch at McDonalds, and let me just say... their McFlurrys are SO much better than the ones back home...

So we went back to the orphanage and I began painting... I got messy, but it was fun. After painting I played with Checha for a while and put him down for a nap... probably a highlight of the trip so far!

Pray for the kids... they all have issues and need lots of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment