Another great experience of today was giving ALL the kids new shoes. As anyone in my family can attest to... I LOVE SHOES! I maybe by 10 new pair a year... and no I don't need them, but I like them! These kids at the orphanage might get a new pair of shoes once or twice a year at most... and today, I was able to bring some excitement and joy into their day by simply putting a new pair of socks on their feet and shoes to keep their feet warm. It was a beautiful experience to ask them if they were happy, if they are comfortable, and if they like their new shoes. The smiles, wow.... the smiles weren't just on their lips but in their eyes.... it was just a beautiful thing to be a part of, and I'm so thankful to Buckner that we had the opportunity.
Prayer requests for today:
1) That God would prepare our hearts and the hearts of our kids upon time for our departure.
2) That the Guatemalan government would meet the standards to reopen International adoption,
3) For a girl named Estella who asked a lot of questions about sacrifice and God today...
4) for the workers at the orphanage who do such a great job,
5) ... and for these amazing children, who just want to be loved.