Monday, February 27, 2012

10000 Reasons

It has been a great week of celebration at Shades... and I'll reflect on all of that when I collect my thoughts... but in the last song of tonight's joint worship service with Greater Shiloh MB Church truly brought me to tears.

The song is called Ten Thousand Reasons and you can listen to it here, and read the words below. It's a beautiful song that brought me to another point of peace in missing my daddy.
Ten Thousand Reasons (Bless the Lord) By: Matt RedmanBless the Lord, O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawningIt's time to sing Your song againWhatever may pass, and whatever lies before meLet me be singing when the evening comes
[Chorus]Bless the Lord, O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
You're rich in love, and You're slow to angerYour name is great, and Your heart is kindFor all Your goodness I will keep on singingTen thousand reasons for my heart to find
[Chorus]Bless the Lord, O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
And on that day when my strength is failing The end draws near and my time has come Still my soul will sing Your praise unending Ten thousand years and then forevermore
[Chorus x2]Bless the Lord, O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy nameLord, I'll worship Your holy name
Sing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy nameJesus, I'll worship Your holy nameI'll worship Your holy name




The words I put in bold... those are the ones that brought me to another realization of peace... which hurts a little, but is just another reason to celebrate Daddy's life and not mourn his death. Daddy did not have many reasons to stay here on earth with a sickness that would keep him from the things he loved. Mom, Shane, and I... his parents, his family is truly the only reason I think Daddy would have stayed on this earth to fight Leukemia if God had given him the option. But oh.... I can only imagine the reasons he had to leave this earth for his Home above. He had ten thousand of them... or more. 

I am sure he fought a little as his time came close to ending and as his strength began to fail, but I am sure that as he caught a glimpse of just one of those reasons, that one was enough... 

And then I think of him singing. Daddy had such a strong voice and I'll always miss singing with him... but the throught of his voice as he sings out to our Lord... it's just overwhelming the thought of how much more beautiful it is... Daddy loved music... he loved to sing and to play his guitar. I think that knowing he could sing his Praises to God live and in person forevermore was also reason enough for him to go... 

And lastly, I think that the fact that he knew his family were all believers, having faith in the Lord and thus fulfilling his responsibility as a husband/father, and knowing that we would one day join him at Home... that was another reason, and probably the most important to him, that he could go Home. 

We all have ten thousad reasons to worship His holy name. Today... my reason for praising him is the wonderful man he paired me with as my father. I praise God for the 26 years I had to share with him... I wouldn't trade a day of it for anything in the world. 

What is your reason today? 

Love y'all!
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment