Sunday, June 12, 2011

So come lay down, the burdens that you carry...

This morning I asked God to take on my burden of Sorrow... but I also asked him to give me the faith to let him have it. I don't want it anymore. I've never thought that sorrow was something I was hanging on to, but it appears to me that though I may not be clinging to sorrow - I also have not given that burden to Him... and boy is it a burden. Heavier than any other burden in life, because Sorrow affects EVERY aspect of life. In everything I do I bring it with me.. sometimes it hides in the shadows, other times it is center stage (those are the times I ugly cry and am boohoo emotional). Sometimes it affects relationships, both in good and bad ways. It's both a bonding yet awkward subject. It's always in the back of my mind, and anything can trigger it. A picture, A song, A thought.

Psalm 71 is a passage which serves as a great reference for dealing with the uncertainties in life. In church today Pastor Danny referenced this chapter in regard to getting bad news at the doctors office (specifically cancer), but these verses spoke to me in regards to how I am dealing with the sorrow I have felt... I'm so thankful for the way God reveals things to us and directs His word to us when we may not expect it.

Sorrow and the uncertainty of dealing with it has caused me to seek refuge in God more...


{1 In you, LORD, I have taken refuge;

let me never be put to shame.

2 In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me;

turn your ear to me and save me.

3 Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go;

give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.}


to Hope in God...


{14 As for me, I will always have hope;

I will praise you more and more.}


to seek restoration from the only One who can truly provide it to me...


{ 20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,

you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth

you will again bring me up.}


and finally, to Praise him through it all...


{22 I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God;

I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel.

23 My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you —

I whom you have delivered.}


... because despite all the sorrow there is always:

More Thanks.

More Hope.

More Faith.


... I pray that I will truly give this burden to the Lord in more than just words. I pray that I will will trust in the obvious... that He can take this burden and deal with it in a much better way than I can...


{My mouth will tell of your righteousness,

of your salvation all day long,

though I know not its measure.}

Psalm 71:15


Love Y'all,

Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment