Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of the World... or not...

So I have been thinking about this Rapture prediction for the last few days... and I just can't NOT write about it.

First of all, I don't believe it. The bible very specifically states that NO ONE except the Father knows when He will return, Jesus specifically states that...


“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." Matthew 24: 36


So if Jesus, who well... is God in a sense, doesn't know when He (God) will make the decision for Jesus to return to Earth to take believers home... how does this guy from California know?? It seems he skipped out on a bit of scripture and spent too much time with his calculator.


I guess this whole theory has gotten me to thinking about some things though... which is good. Since we do not know the time... the day... the year... that He will return, I need to be on watch. I need to be considering my actions more. If I am ever doing anything that I wouldn't want to be doing when He returned, should I be committing that action period.


Answer is simple here... it's no.


"Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

Matthew 24: 42-44


So what am I doing currently since according to that Camping guy the Rapture should occur in about 10 minutes... I just baked some cookies (w/coconut flour and unsweetened chocolate... not so sure how they are going to turn out), I'm watching TV, and blogging to y'all...


I just don't think that God would return to Earth on the day some random man predicted him to... He may, but that's the point... we can't know.


As I said I have been thinking about this a lot... what it would be like... feel like... look like. But the truth is it is going to happen so fast none of that is going to matter unless you are one of those remaining here on Earth. According to my salvation, I won't be... so I'm not too worried about that. I've thought about the fact that if I did know when it would happen... that I might go home and be with my family... but the thing is, I trust in their salvation and that they will be there as well... Yes, the unknown is a little well, scary... but my faith takes away the fear.


There may be some things that I miss out on here on Earth if He comes today or sometime soon... I've never been in love, I will never know what that is like... I will never know what it is like to be a wife and a mom... I'll never make it to Europe where I have wanted to travel for so many years... but... I'll also see some of those that I have been missing out over the last few years, and they will sure be a welcomed sight. I'm no biblical scholar... and I honestly don't know what the family unit looks like in Heaven. I do know that Jesus is going to be there... and whether or not my Daddy knows who I am when I walk in... My Father does, and ultimately that is all that matters. If families are familiar and we will know who each other are, then I have can't even begin to describe the happiness that I will feel not only because I will be there with my Heavenly Father, but because my daddy will be there. I'll be able to see his face in more than my dreams and a picture frame in my apartment. I'll be able to hear Pawpaw's voice and feel my grandmother's hugs. I'll be able to watch Mawmaw Cole walk... and Pawpaw Scarbrough will be so healthy... no coughing or cancer in sight. I long for that... I ache for that reunion... yes, I may miss some of those experience here on Earth that I so look forward to... but in the end... in the Apocalypse Now situation, all that truly matters is my faith in the Lord.


I imagine that moment of praise when I see Him... but I think it will be much sweeter as well as I praise Him in thanks of my family reunion...


Today... and 6pm Eastern, the predicted time of this "Rapture" has now come and gone... I am praying for those who fully believed it was going to happen. For the reason that they truly must not understand scripture, the fact that they have been deceived by a false prediction, and for the reason that if they truly believed this would happen... they must be feeling immense disappointment right now. I just hope that no one does anything rash or dangerous like taking their own lives... that's God's decision and timing... not ours. I pray that no one takes their Eternity into their own hands.


I am sure that there will be a lot of backlash from this prediction... I pray that true Christians will tell the truth... all the truth regarding His coming. We don't when it will be, but we need to be ready. If you're not then there will be quite a challenge for you here on Earth during that time. Friends who are not believers, I pray that you will hear the Truth (http://www.sbc.net/knowjesus/theplan.asp) ... because He is coming.


I love y'all... truly I do.

Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment