Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A beautiful picture...

Tonight, I imagine a beautiful picture.

My grandmother walking....

My grandmother walking down the streets of gold...

My grandmother reuniting with her husband...

...then her son...
... her parents...

...and then her brothers...
... hugging her brother she has not seen since he went to war so many
years ago and never came home.

Then I imagine her meeting her Savior. Him welcoming her to her new home...
... Her new home where she is whole, healthy, and able...
... where there are no wheelchairs and walkers.
No insulin or oxygen machines.
Today was a wonderful day for my grandmother... it was her Homecoming day.
Amazing Grace by: Chris Tomlin (adapted)
Her chains are gone
She's been set free...
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

{Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,
the new creation has come:
The old has gone, the new is here!}
2 Corinthians 5:17
I am so thankful for nearly 28 years with my grandmother... though for many of those she was sick and unable to get around as she would have liked. I was and will continue to be blessed by her love, devotion to our family, support and humor. Though it is sad to know she is gone... the vision of her walking around Heaven without the assistance of anything but her son's arm or her mother's hand squelches any desire I might have for her to be back on this earth. I look forward to the next few days of celebrating her life with our family and friends, but ask that you pray for us as we lay yet another family member to eternal rest... and oh how restful it is in the arms of our Savior!
I love y'all,
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment