Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Never too late...

I went to a funeral today... and was inspired.

I was only in the service for about 5 minutes, because I had to take Savannah out since she was trying to crawl under a pew.. but in the few minutes I was there I learned a good lesson.

It's never to late to accept Christ as your Savior and start living for the Lord.

Mrs. Lois Greer became a Christian in August of 2009. I'm not sure of the day, but she and her husband John accepted Christ on the same day and in the same hospital room. Mr. Greer died soon after he accepted Christ as his Savior and Mrs. Greer went home to be with the Lord early Sunday morning.

My first thought when I heard she had died, around 2am on the 26th was that since it was still Christmas somewhere and what a day to go home to Heaven!! You meet Jesus on His birthday... He leaves his party to come and welcome you to Heaven!! Seriously, is there a better day? She automatically became a part of the Heavenly Chorus singing

{Glory to God in the Highest! and on Earth Peach and Good Will to all men!!} Luke 2:14


So, lesson learned here... it doesn't matter when you become a Christian. No matter if you are 7 or 70... live your life for Him while you can, and live it for Him every day!! Accepting Christ as your Savior is the more important decision you can ever make.

(... and if you have questions about how to do that, let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment