Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful for our military...

{I am thankful for selfless heroes... }

... like this guy, our country's newest Medal of Honor winner, and the only one to EVER receive the word while he is living: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2010/11/16/bts.giunta.medal.of.honor.cnn.html

I am so thankful for the men and women who serve our country, protect our borders, and protect our freedoms. Those who have fought and died so that we have can argue and complain in this amazingly blessed country that we live in.

I am thankful for my Pawpaw Cole, who fed thousands of men as a cook in the Navy. His food gave them strength and energy to fight...

I am thankful for my friend Ryan, who works at an Air Force Base in New Mexico and does who knows what via computers... he serves and protects his country, our country...

I am thankful for my friend Joy's husband Jared... who flies planes for the Navy. Thankfully, he is safe in Washington State and they are expecting their first child in a few months... and I am thankful for strong women like Joy, who support their husbands as they serve our country at home and abroad.

Having traveled to other countries, I think alot of Americans don't realize the freedoms they have, they opportunities that they have, and they advantages they have. Just tonight I had a moment when I was annoyed because I couldn't find a parking place so that I could go home and eat the dinner I had just purchased. When I finally found a parking space I literally called myself a brat... because I was traveling in a car while it was raining, taking my $10 dinner inside my warm apartment... I AM SO BLESSED... and some times I don't appreciate it like I should.

THANK YOU TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR MILITARY(I personally don't care if you ask or tell if you are willing to fight for our country...) YOU ARE APPRECIATED BY ME!!!

Love Y'all, KC

No comments:

Post a Comment