Monday, November 15, 2010

hum hum hum hum....

I just started singing "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" and though it's a few weeks early it reminded me that...

{I am thankful for music...}
Music emotes.
Music is a form of worship.
Music is a form of expression.
Music is a memory.
Music is a comfort.
Music is whatever you want it to be.

The bible often speaks of music as a method of Praising God, giving honor and thanks, adoration and appreciation to our Creator. Here are a few of those verses:

"Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel." Judges 5:3
"Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts." 1 Chronicles 16:9

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day" 1 Chronicles 16:23

Music is a great part of life... whether it be singing with the wondows rolled down in your car, humming along to Pandora at work, and bursting into song... well, anywhere. Music can change the way you feel about a situation. It comfort you during times of sorrow or loneliness. Music. is. fun. I am thankful that God created the notes, the instruments, the tones that we have all come to love in different varieties.

Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul. -Johann Sebastian Bach

Music is the universal language: it is the same anywhere you go in the world. -Anonymous

Where words fail, music speaks. -Hans Christian Andersen

Without music, life is a journey through a desert. -Pat Conroy

Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven. -Walter Savage Landor

My favorite music is that played real artists... who can play instruments. I admire that, the talent to play something... I love the sound of a jazz piano, a classical guitar, of a banjo, a violin, of a mandolin. I miss the sounds of Daddy's guitar, so I'm thinking of learning to play it. I don't know if I'll be able to... but I know if I can accomplish it, I can bring his songs back to life... and what an emotional moment of music that will be.

Love Y'all, KC

2 comments:

  1. You can learn how to play guitar!!! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this post because I just can't imagine that life would be as full or understandable without music. Love your heart, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete