Friday, November 12, 2010

A series of Thankfulness...

As we approach what I believe is the most forgotten holiday of the year... I have decided in an effort to blog more, that I will write an entry every day about different things that I am thankful for. Tonight's subject is so fresh on my mind, because am I just home from a fun night of dinner and conversation with my amazing friends....

{I am thankful for my friends...}

I am specifically speaking of girlfriends... because I have been so incredibly blessed with amazing women in my life. Spending time with the girls tonight has be reflecting on the blessing of our relationships. When I moved to Birmingham, I didn't know anyone. ANYONE.

... seriously, anyone...

During my first year in Birmingham I really didn't do much more than work... I worked late every day, went home, then started the process again the next day. I went to church but there was not a specific group for people my age and in my situation... though over the next few months that group developed. I was one of the original member of the GAP class at Shades... and that group, this ministry has provided me with some of the greatest anyone could ask for. They have supported me and prayed for me during the toughest years of my life... we have helped each other through sickness, struggles, career changes, etc... and there is no doubt in my mind that God brought us all together for a reason. I pray that we can continue to support each other no matter where His path may lead us...

Blythe, Meg, Meredith, Katie, Lesley, Allison (who now lives in ATL), Sarah, Kristen, Sarah (now lives in India), and I...

Callie, Katie, Megan, Kaylie, Blythe, and I... Halloween 2010

Callie, Mary Beth, and Blythe... with our tickets to see Dolly at the Opry!!

During college God provided me with so many great girl friends who I share some of the most important memories of my life with... ironically, I would not be friends with several of them if I had not been their RA (Sarah, Lindsey, and Beth). One more example of God putting us in the right places to get to know each other and help each other grow through such an important time.

Sarah, Me, Beth, and Liz on the Square in Oxford

Finally, my oldest girl friend... my cousin Kim. She came into the world 6 months and 8 days after I did... and has been my best friend my whole life. Through the peaks and valleys Kim has always been there, and I know she always will be. Here's a picture of us at the beginning of our friendship :)

Me (in the pink) and Kim... who knows what age!?

All of these women made me think of two particular verses in the bible, a part of Proverbs 31 (verses 25-26) in which God shows us how to be of noble character.

{She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.}

{She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.}

I can't begin to tell the stories of laughter shared with these women or the times that I have sought their advice and prayer. Their advice is priceless and the knowledge that we have shared with each other has helped us to grow, learn, and develop into better women. For these friends that are single, we often joke about and wonder when our other half will arrive on to our scene... but I tell you what I wouldn't trade these memories with these ladies for anyone.

I love you all, I am so incredibly thankful for you all, and I am forever indebted to you for our friendship.

Love y'all, Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment