Wednesday, October 13, 2010

God won...

For the last 24 hours I have watched the news with baited breath as 33 miners and 5 rescue workers have emerged from a 2000 foot hole deep into the earth of Copiapo, Chile. I fell asleep on the couch last night watching the news, I woke up and rushed to the TV to see the progress of the rescue this morning. I can’t count the tears of pure joy I have shed for these men and their families as they have come out of the rescue pod and into the arms of their loved ones.



How does something like this happen…



How do these men survive 69 days under the earth???



According to Mario Sepulveda… he met God, he met the Devil… they fought and God won. Check out this article/statement from Mario to hear it from him. http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/10/13/chile.miners.voices/index.html?hpt=T2



Mario is an inspiration to me. I was not able to watch all of the rescues… but his was the first that I saw. He was the 2nd miner rescued, and he came out cheering. He hugged his wife, he hugged President Pinera, he hugged the First Lady, he hugged the other miners, the rescuers, and then he started a chant of Pride!! The encouragement and enthusiasm of this man who literally just rose from an abyss... is so inspiring. Mario was in a literal abyss (like the deepest valley ever!!!), so how does that compare to those emotional valleys that we get into. I can't imagine what they went through... don't really want to, because I know it had to be painful... physically, mentally, and emotionally.



{Chile! Chile! Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le … los mineros de Chile!}


I have seen pictures of the men who came out of the mine and hit their knees in prayer. I have read accounts from them today in which they talked about the hand of God in their survival. Many of them were wearing t-shirts that say “Gracias Senor” (Thanks be to God)… the faith of these men is incredible… just think of the platform that God has given them through this experience. The entire world is waiting to hear what they have to say, and the words they choose will influence so many peope. Just imagine having that influence...

oh wait friends... you do! We all have a sphere of influence on someone... so watching these miners reminds me to pay attention to what I have to say and how I say it when talking to those around me... because you never know who is listening.



Finally, a great quote from one of the miners:

“There are actually 34 of us, because God has never left us down here."
-- 19-year-old Chilean miner Jimmy Sanchez, in a letter sent up from the mine Tuesday

Dear friends,

Please keep these men and their families in your prayers... the days ahead are going to be a huge transition for them all. I am so intrigued by these men and can't wait to hear more from them in the coming days.

Love Y'all - KC

No comments:

Post a Comment