Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Please pray with me about this...

I've seriously debated what to write about tonight... because I had a new word from the Lord in my heart... but my head is full of uncertainty. I've debated even writing about this issue on the blog since I still don't know who reads it... but I've always allowed myself to be vulnerable in my blog entries, so why stop now??

I feel very unsettled.

I love Samford. I love Birmingham. I LOVE the students I work with... but I am really feeling the need for a new opportunity professionally.

I have applied for a few jobs, but I am feeling the need to limit my options geographically as to not get too far from home.... Unfortunately, in this economy and the state of Higher Ed in Mississippi their are just not any jobs in my field close to home...

So... please pray with me that God will open the doors for me that He has planned. I'm in that moment where I know He has a plan... but I feel like I physically need to be doing something to pursue it... which is where the unsettled feeling comes from.

As I mentioned, I was unsure about sharing this concern... but it's worth it if I will have others praying with me for clarity and direction. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
As for the Word from the Lord... it's in the form of song lyrics, and old hymn with a great message... take a minute to read the words and truly think about them: (my thoughts in Italics)

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee; (God never sleeps... He's always available)
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not; (God is consistent, and God is ALWAYS cares about what happend to us)
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be. (Consistency, once again)

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see. (I think changing the words to "mourning" is also appropriate... if you can see God's mercy during a time of mourning then it is a true blessing)
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; (notice needed... not wanted)
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me! (This one blows my mind... GOD HAS FAITH IN ME!!!!)

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. (All of God's creation joins witness to God's faithfulness, mercy, and love)

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth (Forgiveness and Peace comes from the Lord)
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; (the Holy Spirit is present for comfort and guidance!)
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, (...something to look forward to!!)
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! ( I can NEVER imagine all the blessings God will send my way... even though I don't deserve a one of them!!!)

I hope you can find some encouragement from this song as well.

1 comment: