Friday, October 2, 2009

A thought to ponder...

Do you think God has a refrigerator where he hangs our good works and notes?

If so, have I done anything worthy of being placed on the refrigerator?

Last night I was looking through some of daddy's drawers for some sweat pants (I didn't plan on staying home for a week... I needed some clothes!) and I found a folder full of notes, cards, and pictures I had given him that probably date back to kindergarten or first grade (we're talking 20 years here). I had absolutely no clue he had saved them, and I had some serious emotions as I looked through them all. I wrote daddy tons of notes... I used to hide them in his offshore bag so he wouldn't find them till he got to work. So why did he choose these notes? I'll never know... but it tells me that they mattered to him... and that's what matters to me.

So this brings me to my thought to ponder for tonight... Does God have a folder of our notes to him? Would God hang our good grades, pictures, and reports on his refrigerator? If so... have I done anything worthy of little magnet or piece of tape?? If not, boy that sure is good motivation to make Him proud, isn't it??

When I started thinking about this, my mind went to the scene in the Bible when Jesus is being baptized by John:
"When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said,
'You are My beloved Son, in You I am well pleased'."
(Luke 3: 21-22)
How much should we desire that God put OUR names in this sentence???
I want to be his beloved daughter in whom He is well pleased!!!
-----------------
Prayers for us all:
Find out how we can please God, use our talents to please God... and do it every day in every way we can.
-------------------
** Special note: To those of you who have been praying for my family during our time of loss... thanks so much for your love, support, and prayers. You are such a blessing. **

No comments:

Post a Comment