Monday, September 21, 2009

Consistency, Encouragement, and Reflection

I've decided to get back to blogging for a few reasons...

First and foremost, because I need some self accountability when it comes to studying the Word of God, and I figure... if I allow people to read my thoughts on what I am studying, I will have to be more consistent in my quiet time.

Second, because I'm hoping what I have been through with the death of my daddy might help someone else through their struggles. Since June 20th I have been through such a roller coaster of emotions and pain, I've had so many highs and lows it would be impossible to map. However, through it all... I have always known that God is numbering my steps where they need to be... He is placing opportunities in my life and obstacles in my path that I would not have been able to face without the experiences of my past... no matter how high the high, or low the low. I pray that my lessons learned can help others as they go through the valleys of life.

Finally, I have been praying for the wisdom of my father. My daddy was such a smart man when it came to matters of faith and so many other things. He could explain the most difficult concepts in simple ways that anyone could understand and apply to their own lives. I truly hope that I can gain that wisdom and understanding... but I recognize that in order to gain wisdom, I have to spend time in study. Daddy also was a big advocate of reflection and learning from one's mistakes... so this will also be a place of reflection for me as well, and feel free to add any reflections of your own as comments, or email them to me at kacey.cole@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment