Sunday, October 3, 2010

Free as we'll ever be...

This may be a little weird... but as I was walking through the cemetary to help my mom put fall flowers on my dad's grave, the following lyrics from Zach Brown Band popped in my head:

"Just as free
Free as we'll ever be
Just as free
Free as we'll ever be
And ever be"


I literally laughed aloud at the symbolism of the song and my setting. But as I thought about it, I determined that the symbolism is on point really, for Christians anyway. Our death, no matter when, no matter how allows to be free from so many things that we endure here on earth.

Freedom from sin
Freedom from oppression
Freedom from pain
Freedom from suffering
Freedom from illness
Freedom from mourning
Freedom from heartbreak
Freedom from disappointment
Freedom from feeling inadequate
Freedom from confusion
Freedom from uncertainty
Freedom from loss
Freedom from indifference
Freedom from loneliness
Freedom from negativity
Freedom from feeling unsettled

We all struggle with those... one, some, or all... but if you know the Lord as your Savior, you can look forward to Freedom from those things. If you don't, well... check this out to learn how... or call me and we can chat about it. http://www.sbc.net/knowjesus/theplan.asp


"Now the Lord is the Spirit,
and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom."

1 comment: