Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Truth...

This morning I was watching the Today show and they were doing a quiz on "Passover and Easter" trivia. Not one of the questions mentioned Christ.

... not one... and it was questions about Easter.

After I got pretty frustrated about that, I realized that the guest that was hosting the trivia was Jewish. And it made me sad. Not for me... but for her. I think that Jewish culture is interesting, though to be honest the majority of my knowledge of the Jews comes from two very different resources.

The Bible... and The Nanny.
So, maybe I'm a schmegegge about the Jews, but I do know that that Passover is a celebration of their removal from the oppression of slavery by the Egyptians... and while that is a great thing to celebrate, knowing the story of how God placed Moses in the right place at the right time to orchestrate the whole thing, even when he didn't think he could do it, and then as he led them as they schlepped across Egypt toward the Holy Land... God's hand and provision was in every step. It is so sad to me that so many many years later, when the Messiah stepped up to take accept responsibility for them (their sins) they didn't accept Him.

I looked into the book of John this morning as I thought of all of these things, and the Messiah's own words stuck out to me.
"You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of the truth listens to me." - Jesus (John 18:37)

I am so thankful for these words... because they remind me that we would be nothing without Him, we would be bound for Hell without Him. There would be no grace and forgiveness without Him. He is the truth, He tells the truth, and I choose the side of truth.

What side do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment