Monday, March 8, 2010

Birthday Blog...

I went to bed last night crying.

I was thinking about how I wouldn't get a phone call today from my dad or my grandmother.

I was thinking about how I will never read daddy's words on a greeting card that were always so much better than whatever Hallmark could come up with.

I was thinking about not matter how much sadness I feel at his loss, that I will thank and praise God for his Life and hopefully one day be able to praise Him in regard to his death.

I was thinking about how I used to always thank God and be amazed at the fact that God made me such a perfect daddy... we were two puzzle peices that fit together, and how no matter what has happened that I will forever be thankful for the man he was and the love he had for me.

I was thinking about quality vs. quantity... and how there are a whole bunch of people in the world who may have fathers that live to be 100, but they aren't good daddys. I'll take 26 good years over a million bad ones...

I was thinking how thankful I am that God blessed me with another year to live, love, and learn.
---
I'm crying now as I think about him again... just looking at a picture of him tears my heart out sometimes. Last night I had to hear his voice so I listened to "Kacey's song" before I fell asleep. But... as I reflect on today, my 27th birthday... despite the tears it was a wonderful day. The weather was beautiful, I spent lunch with collegues and dinner with girl friends, and thanks to my small group celebrated with some red velvet cupcakes.
As I try to think of something poignant to leave here... one of the most awesome verses in the bible comes to mind. I'll never forget the first time I heard this verse, really heard it and let it sink in... and I may have shared it here before... but on my birthday I think a verse about individual creation is appropriate.
"For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should
walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)
God created me 27 years ago for a reason, for a work,
and I'll be here till I complete the job.
Thank you for the birthday wishes and prayers... they have been felt and appreciated.
Love, Kacey

2 comments:

  1. praying for you! thanks for the good words of reflection. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you were so sad. It was the same way for me. I missed momma's calling me and making sure I had a cake. Your daddy had he been home telling some story. Then I thought of how happy they are in heaven, how I have you and all my other loved ones here with me still. They say time heals, maybe it will be so. We just have to find out.

    ReplyDelete