Thursday, December 24, 2009

Joy comes in the morning... which is Christmas!!

I think I have gotten into a bad habit with blog... I take weeks off then think of a million things to write about... okay, so tonight's it two or three...

Christmas:
I have been doing a pretty good job at being positive and happy about Christmas rather than sad... so far, only when people are super nice and say things like -"I'll be thinking/praying/etc... for you as you go through this Christmas Season, I know it's going to be hard/sad/difficult/different/etc... this year" - that's when I get emotional, though I know people are just being nice and I am thankful for their support.

However, here's my thought that occured to me a few days ago that is making me happy...

Celebrating the birth of our Lord on earth is great... we have a good time with family, gets some presents, eat alot, and try our best to remember the true Reason for the Season. But Daddy's at the actual Birthday Party!! Celebrating with the Guest of Honor, and it's a party I've already RSVP'd for, one day.
I just keep trying to imagine what it's like... I love Christmas decorations, it's truly one of the simple pleasures of Christmas to me to just lay on the couch and enjoy the lights of the tree. Can you fathom the decorations in Heaven??!!? I guess they probably don't need twinkle lights when the Light of the World is present, but hey... it's a vision right?! I just know Daddy's having a good time... he's one of those multitudes of heavenly hosts singing...
" Glory to God in the Highest, and on earth,
peace and goodwill toward men!" (Luke 2:14)
Daddy wrote a song once called, From the Cradle to the Cross... I wanted to share it with whoever may be reading... because it's appropriate for this time of year:
He was born in a stable, in the town of Bethlehem,
No one knew he was a king, but those who worshipped him,
As the stars shone bright that night, the angels sang on high,
And as his Mother held him close, she knew he came to die.
-------------------------------------------------------------
As he grew up in Bethlehem, folks all knew him well,
Joseph’s boy was learning fast, and they thought they could tell,
That someday when he was a man, he would build things too.
They never knew who he really was, or what he came to do.
-----------------------------------------------------------
From his cradle, to his cross, the Savior came to die,
As he drew in his last breath, all of heaven cried,
Three days later, he rose up and conquered death for good,
And someday he’s coming back, just like he said he would.
-----------------------------------------------------------
He surprised all of the town, when he laid down his tools,
Then he picked out a dozen men, he could teach his rules.
No one thought he could be God’s one and only Son,
And that when he rose up again, Our victory was won.
As I was looking for the words to that song on the computer, I found this poem. It all stemmed from a question I asked daddy before last Christmas... I wonder what Jesus said when He hit his finger with a hammer (I mean, he was a carpenter, it was bound to happen). This poem is the result:
A KID’S CHRISTMAS POEM

I’ve often wondered what Jesus said when he hit his finger with a maul
Drivin’ nails in his Daddy’s shop in his little boy overalls.
And when he went outside to play, what his Mama said to him,
Did she say you’d better behave or I’ll cut me a limb.

I know it may sound right funny to some if I think about these things
But I know sometime in his early life he had to kinda be like me.
For the Bible says that he knew what it was, to be just like all of us
So when he was a kid, he probably stood still and listen to his mother fuss

And I bet he had some friends that were prone to do things wrong,
And just like me he’d probably get scared and remember what he learned at home.
Now I just wish sometimes that I could see him there
Playing in the streets of his home town, and how he took a dare.

Did he ever get in trouble like I have been just for being there
When some other kid misbehaved, and how much was he scared.
I’ll know he must have always been a really, really good kid
And probably didn’t do a lot of things that some of his little friends did.

What about all those times, when his little friends wanted too
Do some things or go some place that he knew better than to do.
I’ll bet they called him names, and laughed at him, just like they’ve done to me
But he didn’t give in, he stuck it out, and he did that all for me.

I know the stories that I’ve been taught ‘bout when Jesus was a man
But I still wonder about what type of kid, played in Nazereth’s sand.
Cause you see I’m just a kid, and I’d like to understand,
What kind of child my Jesus was,
I already know the man.

DANNON
Guatemala:
I leave in less than two weeks... and am really excited. I've been reading the "Message for the Mission" book that my team was sent by the organization we are traveling with and it has really been speaking to me in alot of ways... here are a few:

- I'm not the leader of this trip, God is.

- God's plans will work out, even if mine (ours) don't.

- Every interaction is an impact (on me or them)...

- I will become emotionall involved in the lives of these kids... get ready to deal with the results.

- The good and the bad, the ultimate result is God's glory and our joy.

- Don't sweat the small stuff... (someone wrote a book on that, didn't they?)

- Pray - alot and often for my team, the people we will meet, safety, and God's will.

Joy comes in the Morning:

One of the statements in the booklet I am reading to prep for the trip was this:

"I think about how God has a plan for everyone... for the orphans and for me. I often grieve for their unfortunate situation, and then I think about the losses in my life. This is the place that I am reminded that God can always made something good out of the hurts, pains and hardship, just as He makes good things from the joys and happiness in our lives. (Lyndee K., Buckner Missions)"

When I read this... God really just placed a hope in my heart. For two things really...

1) I'm not an orphan, and never will be... but I know what it's like to lose/be without a parent. Now granted, I'm 26 and these kids are 0-18... but in some way I know what it's like, it's not the same... but God is showing me that through my tragedy... He's giving me one more opportunity to relate to someone else... so my negative is becoming a positive.

2) When reading that statement from Lyndee... I just kept thinking about that Psalm that says "Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5) There's a song that is based on this verse called 'My Redeemer Lives'... and as I think of that song, and think of that verse... there's a little shot of hope running through me... I kept reading through that Psalm and came to 30:11... beside which I wrote "I WANT THIS!!" in big letters in the margin of my bible. "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing..."
Oh Lord... I pray that You will help me to dance and look forward to tomorrow in the days ahead. Thank you for giving me the opportunities and people to steer me toward that Joy and please Lord, Please keep putting those reasons for Joy in my path for they make each day a little easier...

Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to Y'all,
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment